The Dalziel St. Andrew’s Parish Church pipe organ Opus 876 was built in 1889/1900 by EF Walcker & Co in their workshops in Ludwigsburg, Bavaria, Germany. The firm was and still is well known in organ-building circles and in its heyday built over 1000 organs by the end of the 19th
century for home and export use. There are very few Walcker organs of this era left in this country and until very recently the Dalziel organ was used regularly in Sunday worship. Due to age the instrument now requires to be completely refurbished and brought back to its original historic sound and condition. To this end the congregation of Dalziel St. Andrew’s has set up an organ refurbishment project to raise funds to enable the restoration of this historic organ to all its former glory.
This project has been successful recently in securing funds from a variety of sources including individual donations and fund raising events. However, the Church has successfully secured a grant of £50,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund and £30,000 from North Lanarkshire Council's Environmental Key Fund. The securing of these funds has made it possible for Dalziel St. Andrew's to begin the process of the refurbishment of the organ.
For more information on the organ restoration and the funds achieved please view the pages on the lower left hand side.